Evolving

Thursday 25 October 2012

Nine months on from receiving my first DSLR and I've been doing some re-editing of some previously edited photos to see how my post processing has changed. I shoot RAW which means post processing is essential. I've tried to pull back and make my editing a bit more subtle. I'll be the first to admit I'm not always successful but it is something I consciously have in mind when I 'm post processing. Today I learnt how to sharpen using the High Pass filter in Photoshop, it's something I need to practise and play with a bit more but I'm pretty excited by the affect it has on an image. I love that photography is an ever-evolving process.

Here is how i re-edited today......

...and here is how i originally edited it....
.

2 comments:

Back to Basics said...

I LOVE the high pass filter!

And depending upon personal preference, and the look you're after, of course, both are nice edits, but I prefer the newer one. =)

I've just stopped by from Momtog.

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry i didn't respond sooner, i've only just seen your comments! It's very exciting to hear from you and thank you for your feedback! :)

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger